Monday, April 21, 2008

"My strength comes from the abdomen. It's the center of gravity and the source of real power." - Bruce Lee


Bruce Lee...who doesn't know this guy. An icon in the Martial Arts industry and a stud of a man with great ideals and philosophies in life. How can one man as lean as he was yet be as strong as he was? He had a killer core like no other I've seen and he always seemed to lean to the core as the basis of overall physical power and strength. I agree.

Again, I would have to think his ideals of a strong core was way before the view that core training became mainstream...

His down in the basement training was way before that of workouts/training that we see today. This guy truly personified the importance of fitness as well as the importance of living a healthy lifetstyle out of the big screen - his results were made in the gym. His ability to move like a cat, punch and kick with unbelievable power was always a treat for me watching his movies on Betamax back in the 80's.

He is an ispiration to all and my first personal motivational icon in my blog to keep me in track.

Awesome party for my youngest son's 1st birthday...great to see alot of friends and family again. It's amazing to see my son grow so quickly in just a years time. What a blessing it is to be a parent!

The entire week last week I've been down with the flu (and other things) unfortunately so training has taken a back seat for now. It is still lingering to this day with a bad cough. No excuses here but I'm a Nurse and I know better when to take a break from any type of workout to nusre an ailment like this. Not as bad but I won't be pushing myself too much this week so I can get back into the swing of things in full stride and with 100% focus. Only take a look at the Bruce Lee picture above if you want to see "focus". 2 steps back here somewhat but always with the intent of looking forward...


Andy

1 comment:

Juan said...

Hey Bro, I'm glad to hear that your son's bday party was a hit thats awesome.

Again I cant tell ya enough how sweet it is to be getting inspirational quotes from Bruce Lee. He was truly amazing.