Saturday, July 26, 2008

Progress Report

Ok...2 weeks into my program so far and doing really good. Less soreness to areas I haven't really focused on prior to starting up volleyball again and I'm pretty happy with the progress. What a fun addicting sport volleyball is and it's a great outlet for me other than routine of working out everyday which is a great habit for me.

We are definitely creatures of habit aren't we? :)

What's great about playing a sport of any kind is that your training now becomes more specific to what you want to accomplish: strength, power, flexibility, agility, endurance. Interestingly, I've even been able to do some exercises that prevent injuries while in the game as well...alot of stuff I took for granted. Stretching has definitely given me a new meaning. Being able to feel out some lingering issues I have personally, I've been able to educate myself further that these can be corrected to a certain degree with proper exercises, stretching and adequate rest.

Did a measurement on my vertical the other day and based on what I did after 5 attempts, I gained another inch on my running vertical which is good. So that comes to 26 inches total. Not bad.

Got up at 5:30 this morning. Since yesterday was a day off for me and nothing really scheduled until tomorrow - I did a modified TT home workout of body weight routines and a core training circuit which was pretty good. For intervals I did KB high pulls with KB squats for 6 cycles to finish it off. Finished the entire routine in less than 40 minutes and that was it for that.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: