Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Training Split and other stuff

I like the training split Im on...2 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on...2 days off. Like the focus on specific body parts on a given day.

Lots of time left to do other things and it's been great so far. Enjoying this program very much. The chest work is just killer. Weights gone up...don't know if that's really a good thing or a bad thing but when training for strength and lean mass - best approach is to take the good with the bad, even with some increases in bodyfat. That just comes with the territory.

I just know when I get to full body strength training programs and conditioning workouts again - it should be really interesting to observe at a fitness standpoint. I've never really trained this long for strength and muscle development and I know how deconditioned my body feels - I almost forget what it feels like to go through a circuit.

Fat loss and conditioning workouts will always be my cup of tea...and still is. I love em! That's what I'll call my "in season workouts"; that's when I peak and at my best. I'll call this my "off season" from now on if you will every year. Still training hard...but smarter, I'd like to believe. This is not a break at all and the volume is a bit more, as has the eating. But it's all good.

Have a great day...

No comments: