Saturday, June 14, 2008

And in this corner....

No formal workouts today. So for leisure I did a light jog for a good 1 mile on the treadmill this afternoon...took a good 15 minutes to complete but it was all good in my hood.

The fun part was some heavy bag punching work and some speed punching (ala Ross Training) which was really something to experience if you've never tried it before. Hitting it at different angles with an ugly dude's picture in my head for 20 plus minutes was the best feeling I had all day. What a stress reliever and an endorphin booster. Left jab..right jab...upper cut...continuous power punching combinations and kicks...and more power punching for extra measure! All that displaced anger, control, power, strength and focus all in a string of various punches and kicks - hitting that bag like I wanted to tear it apart. Whew. Great workout and what a great, yet safe way to let it loose for a good 15 minutes and not feel any guilt about it at all. What a great feeling indeed. Absolutely nothing like hitting it hard and hitting it with some conviction. Too bad it was just a bag.

I felt like Chuck Liddell from UFC today! Nah. Probably Kimbo...Hahahaha!

And it was off taking a nice cold shower and spend some quality time with my family for dinner...

Never go down for the count...

Ding. Ding.

No comments: