Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads and Dad’s to be! To all the Dad’s: more power and may you all be blessed. This is our day! 

Last night, I got an advanced surprise Father’s Day gift which I didn’t see coming from my thoughtful wife when she came home from work late last night. I guess she kind of read my mind a few weeks ago while at Sports Authority looking for some gear. Anyway, I finally got a set of the Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells with a stand! Yahoo! The only downside is it only goes up to 52 lbs, which is ok (the 1090 models would be even better but they are direct sales only which I just found out and cost way too much with the shipping) since I have the old school adjustable ones that go up to 80 lbs. – going heavy is still an option for me for those great home gym workouts regardless! Just gives me more options without all the plates all over the place as well as the time it takes to get them all set (she hates all my plates in that our kids tend to play with them a lot and trip over them). Man it’s so great to see that I get that much needed support quite honestly (again, I didn’t see this coming either) and if I didn’t, I honestly don’t think I’d be this dedicated to a healthier lifestyle for so long now.

My next few equipment for home use which I need to work on is a recumbent bike, an actual squat rack, an Olympic Bar and a few 45 lb plates and I’m set. I just sold one of my treadmills the other to a pretty cool guy on Craigslist for $350. He got a real steal quite honestly...I just hope he takes advantage of such a great piece of equipment (treadmill).

Go Lakers!

2 comments:

Juan said...

Hey bro just wanted to drop by and say Happy Fathers day to you man. Hope you had a great day.

Andy said...

Hi Juan! Thanks! It was a great Day last Sunday, Juan...Im sure it was for you too with Lil 'Cruz. Thanks for dropping by an more strength and success my good friend!

Much Luv,
Andy