Sunday, February 8, 2009

On schedule

As I had my measurements taken last Friday, the trainer whom I've become good friends with gave me some really encouraging news...news that I wanted to hear too at 4 weeks in: "Continue what you've been doing the last 4 weeks and what ever results you got to this date, x that by 8 more weeks --- you will get your ripped abs." Having abs is alot different than having a ripped set of abs.

Big difference here.


Vain? Maybe...but who cares? I do! I want to get that rippedness and if I can just continue this for another 8 weeks and stay this course - I know I'll get there. So that means shooting for 90% compliance with nutrition and working my ass out with some great TT programs.

It's going to be hard. It's going to be super damn hard.

Yesterday was an off day...at work a coworker had brought in some surprise cake for guess what? My birthday! Ahem...that was like more than a week ago. Anyway, it was an extremely busy day on top of it being a 12 hour shift as well so on top of the cake we got pizza and buffalo wings as a treat for the "hardwork" we were doing that day...talk about food challenges: this was it.

But here's the deal. I didn't have breakfast yesterday expecting the worse here at work. So when I found out about this little potluck thing going on, I took every single food I liked and put it on a plate. The best thing about it was - I hardly even ate the cake! I definitely took a good amount of the cake and put it aside on a nice small styro bowl, foiled it and took that home to my boys; I then grabbed 8 pieces of buffalo wings and a slice of pizza and litterally was taking bites of that plate the entire day...again all it was was 8 pieces of wings and a slice of pizza with some Coke Zero to wash it down.

In alot ways that would be considered a cheat meal for alot of us (on top of your every 3 small meals right?) but I was like a bird taking little pecks at the plate all day while on the move... Well, ok I did take a few bites off the cake to be honest with you. But nothing extra on top of this but 2 small corn on the cobs for an evening snack when I got home and brought home that delicious cake my family enjoyed.

I laugh at this looking back at it...but that's how I tackled this unexpected nutritional obstacle that is very common in the workplace on some weekends.


On the spot gameplanning...I think I won this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Better man than me, Andy...I would have devoured the cake on the spot and brought the wings for my kids...

I know what you mean about "on the spot game planning": we have a woman at work who is always bringing in home-baked 'goodies' to share with everyone...VERY hard to resist, but I've gotten better since I've been following your blog, & Mikez' and Abby's blogs. Definitely helps!

Keep it up!

Fred