Saturday, August 30, 2008

A New Move and a New Turbulence Training Workout on the Horizon...Change is always good for us.

Been a long time coming but it's great to be blogging once again. Currently in the process of moving; and as exciting and as stressful as that can be for us as a family the past few weeks, I've been able to maintain my workouts every morning without fail which is great. And yep, Volleyball has been a staple for me every week as well. It's all about making the time for activities you love but also realizing there are other priorities to take care that need attention too.

Family and work is my life.

But on the nutrition aspect of it all...I do want to re-establish accountability on that once again. Nutrition battles is where it's at but am definitely determined to right the ship here with the last quarter of the year starting in less than 48 hours from today. Was hoping to make some significant change for the month of August, but with so many things on my plate this month I managed to keep it at maintenance levels if not even stronger and better athletically and that I can almost guarantee. No more knee pain as much (hitting the treadmills again but really mixing it up with my intervals), no more tardiness at work (I was at one point doing afternoon workouts during the month of August that just killed my schedule), my volleyball game is now up to speed and having a blast with that...and of course over 60 lbs lighter from 2 years ago --- so all in all very happy with the progress I've made so far and I want to start my 3rd year of this journey with a bang by making a commitment this winter/fall season to maintain consistency.

Bottomline is this: I just want to be healthy for the rest of my life. Those cover model physiques come with the work you put into it - it's definitely a goal of mine but I just want to maintain a healthy enough lifestyle to keep pushing on with this thing. I've been doing this consistently over the course of 2 years, I'll be 35 years old come January next year. Journeys are journeys with no end. What better motivation and what better time of the year than the end of summer and the start of fall season to want to re-commit myself for the next 5 months with a renewed focus and state of mind.

This should be exciting....

Andy

No comments: