Sunday, December 27, 2009

Improving My Squat Technique!

Come the New Year...one thing I really want to focus on is using proper form on exercises like the squat, deadlift and bench press. One move I want to improve on is the squat. How many people thought they actually were doing it the right way and probably wasn't? I'm one of them!!!!

I don't think my form is all that great or all that bad - but this video by Mark Rippetoe and his student is an awesome video of him trying to teach his student proper technique. There's nothing like actual one on one mentoring/personal training...but I really like this video that I'm posting it here. You'll learn alot from what Mark has to critique on his form.

I know alot of people who have been doing squats have stronger, stable knees. Do it wrong...there go the knees. But the squat (along with the deadlift) is probably one of the unique exercise that trains for strength like no other.

Olympic style, Parallel squats, whatever ---> Lead with your butt!

No comments: