Monday, March 29, 2010

M-O-T-I-V-A-T-I-O-N

Haven't posted much in my blog lately...lots of other things going on but working out nonetheless.

Motivation...man, it is so hard to find. Just when you think you've achieved quite a few of your fitness goals..it's hard to get re-acquainted with the basics. Especially in fat loss, the equation is always simple: Nutrition (calorie deficit, all natural foods) + Exercise 3 to 4 times a week = Fat Loss. It's so easy to understand, it's applying it consistently to achieve the results.

That's what I'm in right now. Trying to re-commit to the fat loss mindset. Last few days was a wake up call. Pants fit...but just barely enough to feel comfortable in them. You ever get that look in the mirror when you just look at yourself and it just isn't exactly you?

That's when I know it's time to get on the fat loss wagon. I mean really on the fat loss wagon. People think you can just glide through a fat loss phase - and hope to see changes. Personally, it doesn't work that way - you have to SERIOUSLY WANT the change.

It's always a see saw battle when it comes to fat loss for me. I'm not back to where I was just a bit over the weight I want to be at. Could be the holidays, could be the goals I set forth at the start of the year...but I'm not finding excuses. It's time to move on...NOW. So over the weekend I went back to the drawing board and reviewed my nutrition, studied the calorie content of the food that I've been eating the past few months and what's causing these stalls, and have promised myself I will eliminate them from my diet the next few weeks...hopefully through the year.

Now it's spring...and soon summer...time to get things in full swing as I know how to.

So I kickstarted my nutrition for the week, went to the grocery last night and got the things that I need to really succeed again. It's not that I didn't want to before...I just felt I didn't have to thinking that everything will be alright eventually. So lots of lean meats, tilapia and chicken...and lots of greens to go with it.

Been there, done that...but you can't rely on past success to justify where I'm at now. You can only take care of what you have in front of you...I have the tools, I have the knowledge...I just need to re-apply and put things together again.

No comments: