Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Some Motivational Quotes for Training....

Googled up some nice ones today for inspiration (got up rather late this morning. Feel really rested and recovered...so I'll be doing my workout this afternoon):

An old Shaolin saying: "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer (ALI'S THE MAN!)

"Train hard... fight easy." (WELL THAT'S NOT ALWAYS THE CASE...BUT ANYWAY...sounds good though! Hahah!!)

"Tomorrows battle is won during today's practice." - Samurai maxim (I AGREE!)

"In the course of achieving anything, nothing is more important than persistence." (persevering is golden!)

"Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!"

"Battles are not fought during the fight but inside yourself when you train."

"The extra mile is the stretch of road that is never crowded."

"Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors." - African proverb


"Repetition is the mother of skill..."


"Knowing is not enough; you must apply. Willing is not enough, you must do."


"Success must be felt within before it can be seen on the outside."


"Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

Tidbits...so I did some math lath night and this morning...meaning a few calculations as far as what I want accompish these next several weeks. No easy task but willing to face the challenges! Should be fun.

4 comments:

Roundballnz said...

Good one .....

One of my favourites:
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'" - Yoda

Krissa said...

My favorite is:

"Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

So true.

T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy said...

Hi Viintii....

Lots of planning and focus...I know how those last 10 lbs is the hardest to lose. It's definitely not an easy task - but if you put your mind and heart into it from diet, to exercise to sleep - and maintain disciplie: ITS POSSIBLE!

Thanks for the visit!

Andy