Monday, December 29, 2008

Week in Review: Looking back at 2008..looking forward to 2009 and Beyond!

Can definitely feel the holiday fever slowly fading and the anticipation of the new year that lies ahead. Been off the blog for a good number of days...but with good reason: you have to give things a break and really take this time to look back at the year that "was" and the year that "will be".

Hope that made sense...

So I took some time to work on a retrospective essay of my entire year as well as some goals I've made for myself (as general as the goals were). Again, looking back at things good and things bad...things I've done and things I could have done better. Be it a better parent, husband, person, coworker, friend...whatever it was - I looked back at everything at all possible angles as best I could and wrote it down on paper. Reading it several times, I decided to see what I could have done to correct the wrongs or improve on the rights...

So in the process, I established my own personal goals that I also wrote down on paper, printed it out and put in my wallet for easy referrance.

Nurture the things you hold dear and close to your heart. Bottomline. Whether you have to do some sacrifices to do so: do it. Be it a workout, your health, your kids, your family, your friends - do the best you can to take care of those things and people you hold dear. Maintain that balance in your life and everything should fall into place.

Figure that out and that's what should drive you to do better everytime - in anything you do.

Finished another great TT program and did a challenge today to finish out the program. Man, what a great year of awesome workouts for 2008 - with a very good time I might add. Again, very proud of the time indeed. My whole focus this entire month was to get it done in 10 minutes. The challenge was completed in 7 minutes and 14 seconds. 7 minutes and 14 seconds....can I say the feeling was orgasmic again in here? =)

I love to exercise...I love to workout...I nurture it the best way I can inspite of the hecticness of "REAL LIFE"...but always with the mindset to "nurture" it the best way I can.


Nurture those things you hold dear and you'll even surprise yourself with the end results.

And what a way to end the year for sure.

Here's to 2009!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Andy! Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for the motivation. Let's kick some more serious bodyfat in '09!

Mike Z


ps. great post and great words to live by.

Andy said...

Thanks Mike...I love your blogging and I love your workouts. Yes, definitely... we shall continue hitting it hard and shedding even more bodyfat going into to 2009, baby...you got my word on that my friend. You're an awesome guy and had a blast nutbagging with you going into the end of the year with Rob, Juju and myself!!! Let's keep motivating one another and let's rock this thing! Whooooo!!!!

Happy New Year to you and yours as well!

Andy

Andy said...

Thanks Mike...I love your blogging and I love your workouts. Yes, definitely... we shall continue hitting it hard and shedding even more bodyfat going into to 2009, baby...you got my word on that my friend. You're an awesome guy and had a blast nutbagging with you going into the end of the year with Rob, Juju and myself!!! Let's keep motivating one another and let's rock this thing! Whooooo!!!!

Happy New Year to you and yours as well!

Andy

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a wicked year!! Glad to find someone else likes looking back and planning their new year ahead.

I've just done a set of goals for the new year but I look back on the past one fondly cos its when I first got hold of Ross' books and started getting fit.

Here's to another year of it!! :)